Source: Bix Weir
The following is a list of facts and reasons to switch all your Gold investments into Physical Silver:
1) Due to the tiny size of the Silver market and the lack of physical Silver available to the manipulators, the Silver battle is much easier to win than Gold. Ted Butler's discovery of massive Silver market manipulation should highlight the size, scope and importance of Silver to the current financial crisis.
2) Central banks have NO physical Silver to assist in the manipulation of the Silver market but they still have a lot of physical Gold (although much less than they claim).
3) The majority of Silver mined every year is consumed as an industrial metal in very small amounts and will never return to the market whereas the amount of above ground Gold grows year after year.
4) Silver has developed, due to its low price and superior physical properties, into a vital and necessary industrial commodity that makes it mandatory for modern life. If we woke up tomorrow and gold vanished from the face of the earth, life would continue pretty much as it was the day before. Without silver, modern life would change.
5) Due to the relative very low price of silver and very high price of gold, the man in the street, around the world, is in a position to buy silver in much greater quantities than gold.
6) In various forms there is an estimated 5B oz of above ground Gold and 5B oz of above ground Silver but Gold trades around $1600/oz and Silver trades for about $40/oz. Both metal prices are obviously manipulated but Silver appears to be manipulated more. As for Silver bullion that is "in play" for the manipulators, I estimate that less than 200M oz remain with a current market value less than $8B.
7) Silver has been in a supply deficit for over 50 years! Governments held approximately 10B oz of silver in 1950 and have been supplying that physical stock steadily into the market. Today there is no more of that surplus silver left to sell.
8) At current Silver consumption rates there are only 14 years of known Silver reserves remaining in the world. AFTER THAT SILVER WILL BE GONE FOREVER! Think about it.
9) Demand for Silver is "inelastic" in its industrial applications because it is used in such small quantities per application. An increase in price does not translate into a decrease in consumption.
10) The COMEX Silver short position is the largest concentrated short position of any commodity, on any exchange in the history of financial markets.
11) Throughout human monetary history the Silver to Gold ratio hovered in the 10-1 range until the invention of futures and options trading in metals. After the massive manipulation maneuvers by the Banking Cabal the silver-gold ratio now stands at over 40-1.
12) The US Dollar as defined in the Coinage Act of 1792 is Silver, not Gold, and contains "three hundred and seventy-one grains and four sixteenth parts of a grain of pure, or four hundred and sixteen grains of standard silver."
13) Silver is massively under reported in the media vs. Gold. Even Jim Rogers, the commodity guru, purposefully ignores Silver entirely in his best selling book "Hot Commodities" even though Silver exceeds all other commodities using his metrics on what makes a strong commodity.
14) Very few investors have physical Silver in their possession. Reasoning: because they claim it is "too hard to store". Does that mean when Silver trades at over $1,000 oz people will be more willing to buy and store physical Silver? It is difficult to make up a more bullish argument to take delivery and store physical Silver TODAY...when the Cabal price rigging scam finally fails you can always buy your own Fort Knox to store all that pesky Silver you bought!
15) Gold's strong fundamentals are only exceeded by Silver's so when the gold manipulation stops and the Gold price takes off investors will be looking for the next under-priced investment with similar characteristics.
16) 470M oz of Silver owned by the US Treasury and used in the Manhattan Project for the construction of the atom bomb have all been melted down and sold into the physical market to support the "Strong Dollar Policy"
17) Silver mineral deposits, as opposed to Gold, are usually very shallow in the earth's crust due to the nature of the geology so most of the large deposits of Silver have probably already been found and/or already mined limiting future discoveries.
18) There is a significant problem with counterfeit Gold coins and bars because of its high price. Silver coins and small bars have not, to date, had as much of a counterfeiting issue because its price did not justify the effort. (although there is a problem with counterfeit Silver jewelry which may significantly suppress Silver scrap recovery in the future...oddly bullish by-product of counterfeiting Silver!)
19) The total dollar value of the Silver market is a fraction of the total dollar value of the Gold market.
20) Most flat screen televisions use Silver in their internal electronics/screens and the US transfer from analog to digital signals has increased the demand for flat screen TV's.
21) Retail physical shortages of Silver are already beginning to appear around the world. The list of announced delays/curtailment by Government owned Mints now includes EVERY MAJOR SILVER COIN PRODUCING COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!
22) Hedge funds are bleeding from the credit crunch and they are looking for ways to save themselves. A single hedge fund can scoop up the remaining physical Silver and blow the price sky high.
23) In the US, Gold confiscation laws are still on the books but there are currently no silver confiscation laws.
24) As of mid 2011 the Gold price is hovering around $1,600 or 188% of its historical high. Silver, on the other hand, is hovering around $40 or 80% of it's historical high suggesting that Silver has a long way still to go.
25) Un-backed paper Silver programs such as silver certificates and unallocated pooled accounts are the "industry standard" these days and will be scrambling for metal when redemptions are called in by the investors. The most egregious example of fractional reserve silver is the iShares Silver ETF (SLV).
26) In the past few years the massive global money creation by central banks around the world has created huge reservoirs of cash sloshing around the asset markets looking for a safe haven. Although most mainstream press have discussed Gold as being a likely bucket to fill with this monetary firehouse, SILVER has all the same monetary metal properties as Gold except the Silver market is SO small it would be like FILLING A DIXIE CUP WITH THE FIREHOUSE!
27) The CFTC still has an open investigation into the manipulation of the SILVER market that is being conducted not by their investigative division but by the CFTC "Enforcement Division". Although the final conclusions have been purposefully delayed by the CFTC, the final outcome may finally be the END OF THE 50 YEAR MANIPULATION OF THE SILVER MARKET!
28) During the CFTC hearing on metal position limits, GATA announced that a whistleblower has come forward with specific proof that JP Morgan was rigging the silver market. The next day he and his wife were rammed in their car in an attempted murder. The suspect was caught but the police are not giving out any information about the suspect or others that were involved.
29) The growth of emerging economies in Asia will require more and more industrial silver to build out their electric infrastructure and provide a higher standard of living for their middle class. In a global market that has been in a silver supply deficit for years a silver bidding war will result in order to obtain the significant amounts of silver needed.
30) The truth about gold and silver price manipulation is spreading like wildfire throughout the world with the help of the internet such that the Banksters "shabby secret" is no longer a secret.
31) There are currently multiple class action lawsuits that have been filed against JP Morgan for blatantly rigging the silver market. Given that JP Morgan has previously claimed immunity from legal prosecution because they are an agent of the US Government I doubt the suits will ever be brought to trial...BUT the publicity of them "claiming immunity" AGAIN will be the "silver shot heard around the world".
32) The US Dollar has run it's course as the world's reserve currency. The entire global financial markets know this and are positioning themselves accordingly. The "Dollar End Game" for the United States has never been to transfer economic power to Eastern countries as the dollar dies but rather crash the global markets and start fresh with a new domestically centered economic model. That transition is upon us: